Monday, March 14, 2011

Heal our land! – 2 Chronicles 7:14


I must admit I am guilty of limiting God’s power. I have taken a look many times at the shape of our world and thought it is only going to get worse; Jesus will surely be returning soon. Therefore I have given up hope of great nationwide revivals and true awakening.  I have been foolishly wrong and I fear many have made a similar error. 

Some members of the early church accepted the belief that Jesus was coming back any day.  Because of this belief some decided they just would stop working; after all what is it going to matter if Christ will return soon.  Paul dealt with this issue with wisdom, he told them if they didn’t work, they didn’t eat (2 Thes. 3:10). It is a good thing Paul got them straightened out; we are still waiting on Jesus.

Now, Christ may return any day, or He may delay His coming for another two thousand years; I certainly do not know (Matt. 24:36).  What I do know is that God still moves, He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Heb. 13:8). Maybe our land has not been healed and revival has not erupted, because we have became apathetic and stopped asking for it, stopped believing it can happen, and stopped expecting it to happen. Maybe we don’t see God’s mighty power because we have stopped humbly, fervently praying to and seeking God.

I believe that we as a whole need to have a change of heart and practice a little 2 Chronicles 7:14; I know I do.

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Do you want God to heal your land? Do you want revivals that will change the very nations? Then what are we waiting on?  Oh you say it won’t happen.  My God can! He gave us faith so that we could move mountains!  Do you think that God does not do miracles anymore? When did He get out of that business?   He doesn’t work that way? Maybe you should let Him know that; He has never, and will never change.  He can heal our lands; maybe He is just waiting on us!